Links to the CEMEX Application and Related Information: CEMEX Application for Land Use Change (PDF), CEMEX Comp Plan Amendment 2014 (PDF), Earlier Application etc (PDF), Hydro-Geologic Overview – Dave Dewitt Martin (PDF), Canopy Ordinance (Web Page)., Health Effects of Dust (PDF).
Action Alert! Attend the Planning and Zoning Hearing on CEMEX Mining Proposal
Monday, July 14th, 2014
Please mark your calendar now for the
Hernando County Planning and Zoning Meeting Monday, July 14th
* LOCATION: Hernando Government Center,
John Law Ayres Room, 20 North Main St., Brooksville. Bring a sign! Wear a blue top!
* TIME: Meeting begins at 9 a.m. Call ahead to (352) 754-4002 to ask
Planning and Zoning Dept. for approximate time of CEMEX application on agenda.
Successful opposition depends on exceptionally high numbers of citizens attending the Planning Commission and County Commission hearings. It is recorded. Going on the record with comments in print or speaking at the hearing is even better. The Planning & Zoning hearing is quasi-judicial: the commission will only consider factual statements–how this impacts you. At the county commission meeting later, quality of life issues, questions and remarks will matter.
* SUBMIT WRITTEN COMMENTS:
* Turn in during the meeting. Ask that they be entered into the record of the meeting
* Mail or deliver to Hernando County Planning and Zoning Department, 20 No. Main Street, Brooksville FL. Specify RE: CEMEX Application for Land Use & Zoning Amendment.
* Email comments to Planning@hernandocounty.us Send by July 10th to be sure they arrive.
*Email directly to county commissioners at:
COMMISSIONER NICHOLSON COMMISSIONER DUKES
7468 Horse Lake Road Brooksville, FL 34601 Hernando Co. Veterans Services Office
Brooksville, FL 34601 7479 Forest Oaks Blvd. Spring Hill, FL 34606
COMMISSIONER ROWDEN COMMISSIONER RUSSELL
20 North Main Street, Room 462 Airport Administrative Office
Brooksville, FL 34601 15800 Flight Path Drive Brooksville, FL 34604
Public Works Department
1525 East Jefferson St. Brooksville, FL 34601
* GATHER PETITION SIGNATURES: Ask your friends and neighbors to sign it and bring it to the meeting or mail to:
Neighbors Against Mining,222 E. Liberty St, Brooksville, FL 334601.
Please help sustain this campaign. Volunteer your time.
Make a tax-deductible donation so that we can continue this effort!